Friday, April 29, 2011

Missouri Butterflies & Moths: An Introduction to Familiar Species (State Nature Guides) Review

Missouri Butterflies and Moths: An Introduction to Familiar Species (State Nature Guides)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I fear that there is not much to be said about this field guide. This is not a "true" field guide at all, but rather a pocket-sized pamphlet which only covers about 70 species of butterflies and moths which are found in the state of Missouri. There are hundreds upon hundreds of species found here and I have found that individuals who use this guide end up being for frustrated and satisfied when trying to identify specific species.
This is a good product to hand out to small school children to stimulate their interest in this subject, but I fear to tell you that they will soon out grow it and if they have a true interest, then you will be obliged to find a better guide anyway, so you might as well find something a bit better to start with anyway.
Overall, I have found this item to be pretty useless...pretty, I admit, but overall rather useless.
Don Blankenship
The Ozarks



Click Here to see more reviews about: Missouri Butterflies & Moths: An Introduction to Familiar Species (State Nature Guides)

Pocket-sized and complete, this examination highlights more than 70 species of butterflies and moths found in Missouri. This laminated, durable reference is a great source of portable information and ideal for field use by novices and experts alike.

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Missouri Butterflies & Moths: An Introduction to Familiar Species (State Nature Guides)

No comments:

Post a Comment